What documentation do you need?

You don’t have to supply documents like tax returns, financial declarations or notices of assessment, however you do have to show the bank an income statement and the all the specifics of your project.

Generally you require the following construction documents; building contract and construction tender; stamped council approved plans (or draft); specifications and schedule of finishes; construction certificate (NSW) or building permit (VIC); builder’s insurance; and builder’s risk insurance.